Herby Fish Kebabs
- 1 1/2 lb boneless cod steaks skinned
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped mixed fresh herbs or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- good pinch of fresh chopped dill or dried chopped dillweed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large green pepper deseeded
- 4 small tomatoes halved
- vegetable oil for greasing
- 1.Cut the fish into 32 cubes and place on a large plate. In a bowl mix together the lemon juice, oil, Worcestershire sauce and herbs. Season well with salt and pepper and pour over the fish. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, turning the cubes of fish in the marinade from time to time.
- 2.Put the green pepper in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes. Drain well, then cut into chunky pieces big enough to thread on to skewers.
- 3.Heat the grill to moderate. Slide alternate pieces of fish and green pepper on to 8 oiled skewers, 25 cm/10 inches long. Complete each skewer with a halved tomato.
- 4.Place the skewers in a grill pan and cook under the grill for 15 - 20 minutes, turning as necessary and basting with the juices from the Pan until the fish is cooked through and lightly browned. Serve at once.
Calories: 179 kcal
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Protein: 27 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 80 mg
Sodium: 538 mg
Potassium: 769 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 4 g
Vitamin A: 1231 IU
Vitamin C: 45 mg
Calcium: 32 mg
Iron: 1 mg