This recipe for Turkish kebabs will make you want to ditch the hamburger and break out the grill (or just a frying pan). Add these kebabs to your grilling list and enjoy all summer long.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 pint milk
- 4 oz plain flour
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 8 oz turkey fillet cut into 1 cm (1/2 inch) pieces
- 6 oz gouda cheese cut into 1 cm (1/2 inch) pieces
- 5 tbsp sage and onion stuffing mix
- 5 tbsp dried white breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- Put the egg and milk into a blender, add the flour and a pinch of salt. Switch on for about 1 minute, stir in the tarragon and turn into a wide, shallow dish.
- Thread the turkey and cheese pieces alternately on to four 15 cm (6 inch) small metal skewers.
- Combine the stuffing mix and breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Roll each skewer in the batter, coating evenly, shake off any excess, then roll in the stuffing mixture.
- Heat 2.5 cm (1 inch) oil in a large frying pan and fry the kebabs for 4-5 minutes, turning once. Serve immediately.
Calories: 416 kcal
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Protein: 32 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 128 mg
Sodium: 1223 mg
Potassium: 219 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 369 IU
Vitamin C: 3 mg
Calcium: 361 mg
Iron: 3 mg