Fish Soup (Chourbat)
- 1 1/2 lb firm fleshed white fish
- 4 oz onions chopped
- 4 oz celery chopped
- 4 oz potatoes diced
- 2 oz butter
- 8 oz tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 3/4 pint fish stock or water
- 4 medium cloves of garlic crushed
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz soup noodles
- Skin the fish and remove any bones.
- Cut into about 2.5cm (l in) pieces.
- Fry the onions, celery and potatoes in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and allow to cook slowly for another 5 minutes.
- Pour on the fish stock or water and season.
- Add the fish pieces, crushed garlic and the chopped parsley and season to taste.
- Cook at a gentle simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the liquid but keep warm, then add the noodles to the soup and continue simmering for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve the soup in bowls with the fish on a side dish.
Calories: 304 kcal
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Protein: 29 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 77 mg
Sodium: 587 mg
Potassium: 771 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 811 IU
Vitamin C: 14 mg
Calcium: 83 mg
Iron: 2 mg