Chargrilled Fillet Steak with Roasted Vegetables
Roasted peppers, courgette and aubergine - liberally flavoured with fresh rosemary and garlic - have a mellow sweetness that marries beautifully with juicy, chargrilled fillet steak.
- 4 lean fillet steaks each about 6 oz, trimmed of visible fat
- Fry Light for spraying
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
for the vegetables:
- 1 red pepper halved, cored and deseeded
- 1 yellow pepper halved, cored and deseeded
- 1 large courgette trimmed
- 1 aubergine trimmed
- 1 red onion peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary leaves
- 6 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- salad leaves
- lime or lemon wedges
- First prepare the vegetables. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Cut the
- peppers, courgette, aubergine and red onion into 1 cm (1/2 in) dice. Place in a non-stick roasting tin.
- Sprinkle the oil, rosemary and garlic over the vegetables and toss to mix, then spread out to a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the hot oven for 12 - 15 minutes or until just soft.
- Meanwhile, heat a ridged griddle pan over a high heat. Lightly spray the steaks with Fry Light, then rub with the Worcestershire sauce, season and place on the hot griddle pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare steaks, or 3-4 minutes each side if you prefer well-done steaks.
- To serve, place the steaks on warmed plates and spoon on the roasted vegetables. Serve with salad leaves and lime or lemon wedges.
Calories: 461 kcal
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Protein: 37 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Cholesterol: 104 mg
Sodium: 114 mg
Potassium: 1052 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 1174 IU
Vitamin C: 108 mg
Calcium: 64 mg
Iron: 4 mg