Chilli Prawn Kebabs
- 1 tablespoon sesame or stir fry oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or coriander
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh root ginger or ready prepared 'fresh' ginger
- 2 tablespoons hot chilli sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 red or yellow pepper de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 courgette sliced
- 12 oz large peeled prawns defrosted if frozen
- 12 oz firm tofu cut into chunks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lime or lemon wedges and sprigs of mint or coriander to garnish (optional)
- In a shallow, non metallic dish, mix together the oil, soy sauce, lime or lemon juice, mint or coriander, ginger, chilli sauce, five spice powder and seasoning. Soak twelve wooden kebab sticks in water for 10 minutes.
- Thread the vegetables, prawns and tofu evenly on to the twelve wooden kebab sticks and then lay them in the marinade, turning to coat them on all sides. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the grill. Arrange the kebabs on the grill rack and cook for 4 - 5 minutes, turning often and basting them with the marinade. Alternatively, cook over barbecue coals in the summer.
- Serve at once, allowing 3 kebabs per person, garnished with lime or lemon wedges and mint or coriander sprigs, if using.
Calories: 210 kcal
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Protein: 22 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 107 mg
Sodium: 1329 mg
Potassium: 338 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 6 g
Vitamin A: 319 IU
Vitamin C: 66 mg
Calcium: 170 mg
Iron: 2 mg