Green Easter Pie
This green pie is a true holiday classic. Toped with the breadcrumbs and marjoram.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 7 oz arborio risotto rice
- 1 1/4 pints scant 3 cups hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 floz white wine
- 1 3/4 oz Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 1/2 oz frozen peas defrosted
- 3 oz rocket arugula
- 2 to matoes diced
- 4 eggs beaten
- 3 tbsp fresh marjoram chopped
- 1 3/4 oz breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- Lightly grease and then line the base of a 23 cm/9 inch deep cake tin (pan).
- Using a sharp knife, roughly chop the rocket (arugula).
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan (skillet). Add the onion and garlic and cook for 4 - 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the rice to the mixture in the frying pan (skillet), mix well to
- combine, then begin adding the stock a ladleful at a time. Wait until all of the stock has been absorbed before adding another ladleful of liquid.
- Continue to cook the mixture, adding the wine, until the rice is tender. This will take at least 15 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, peas, rocket (arugula), tomatoes, eggs and 2 tablespoons of the marjoram. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the risotto into the tin (pan) and level the surface by pressing down with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Top with the breadcrumbs and the remaining marjoram.
- Bake in a preheated oven, at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4, for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
Calories: 482 kcal
Carbohydrates: 61 g
Protein: 18 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 172 mg
Sodium: 958 mg
Potassium: 494 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 7 g
Vitamin A: 1983 IU
Vitamin C: 26 mg
Calcium: 256 mg
Iron: 5 mg