Easter Chick Sandwiches
Fun and simple sandwiches to make for kids on Easter Sunday.
- 3 medium size eggs hard boiled (cooked)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 slices medium sliced white bread
- 4 slices medium sliced wholemeal bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- punnet of salad cress
- Shell the eggs and place in a bowl with the mayonnaise. Mash with a fork until fairly smooth.
- Butter the bread and divide the egg mixture between 4 slices of bread. Top with the remaining four slices of bread.
- Using a chick-shaped cutter, cut out chick shapes from the bread. Alternatively shapes can be cut freehand using a small, sharp knife.
- Sprinkle the cress over a serving plate and arrange the chick sandwiches on top.
- The sandwich trimmings can be eaten separately.
Calories: 255 kcal
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Protein: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 133 mg
Sodium: 351 mg
Potassium: 146 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 271 IU
Calcium: 115 mg
Iron: 2 mg