Fruit and Pecan Easter Eggs with Chocolate Sauce
Soft dessert filled with delicious, sweet fruit and pecan mixture, dipped in chocolate sauce. Delicious to serve with ice cream or custard.
- 13 oz pack chilled sweet shortcrust pastry
- 4 small apples such as Cox's or Granny Smiths peeled and cored
- beaten egg or milk to glaze
- 1 level tbsp caster sugar superfine granulated (optional)
- small knob of butter
- 2 oz pecan nut halves chopped
- 1/4 tsp spoon cinnamon or Mixed Spice All Spice / Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 oz sultanas golden raisins
- 2 tsp spoons golden syrup substitute light corn syrup
- 4 3/4 floz carton double cream heavy cream
- 3 1/2 oz deluxe Belgian dark chocolate melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to form a square with sides approximately 30cm in length. Cut into 4 equal sized squares.
- Heat the butter in a pan and stir in the pecans, spice, sultanas and golden syrup. Allow to cool and spoon into the apple cavities.
- Place a square of pastry over an apple, trim and tuck the edges underneath. Repeat with the remaining 3 apples. Use the pastry trimmings to make a ribbon around each 'egg' with a bow at the front or on top.
- Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and glaze. Sprinkle over the sugar if using and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until golden. Meanwhile gently heat the cream and stir into the warm melted chocolate to make a delicious sauce.
- Also delicious served with ice cream or custard.
Calories: 776 kcal
Carbohydrates: 98 g
Protein: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 16 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 49 mg
Sodium: 466 mg
Potassium: 578 mg
Fiber: 10 g
Sugar: 34 g
Vitamin A: 632 IU
Vitamin C: 9 mg
Calcium: 77 mg
Iron: 7 mg