Frosted fruit and rose petals
Do not pick rose petals that have been sprayed with chemicals. Use unblemished petals and wash them carefully but gently before frosting. Hold each at base with a pair of tweezers and quickly dip in very cold water, gently pat dry with absorbent paper
- large pink rose petals
- 2 egg whites
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 32 green seedless grapes separated into small bunches
- 16 whole fresh strawberries stalks still attached
- Lightly beat the egg whites in a bowl and spread the caster sugar on to a flat plate.
- Frost the rose petals: holding each by tweezers, dip first into the egg white, then sprinkle with the sugar, to coat both sides thoroughly. Spread out in a single layer on a plate, and leave to dry overnight.
- Frost the green grapes: holding each fruit by its stalk, dip first into lightly beaten egg white, then roll in the sugar. Place on a large flat plate, making sure they do not touch each other, and leave to dry overnight.
- Two hours before serving, repeat process with the strawberries.
- To serve: pile the strawberries and grapes carefully into a pyramid on a flat dish, then arrange the rose petals on top.
Calories: 80 kcal
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Protein: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 13 mg
Potassium: 87 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 18 g
Vitamin A: 16 IU
Vitamin C: 15 mg
Calcium: 7 mg
Iron: 1 mg