Pootu (Steamed rice flour and coconut mixture)
- 8 oz Rice flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 floz Water
- 1/4 cup Coconut nariyal, grated
- Mix the salt with the flour. Sprinkle some water and mix lightly with the fingers to form a slightly damp and powdery mixture, but not lumpy.
- In a pootu maker, put a layer of coconut and then the rice powder. Do this alternately with coconut on the top layer.
- Attach the pootu maker with its perforated lid to a pressure cooker (without the whistle) half filled with boiling water; increase heat so that the steam rushes through the pootu maker and comes out of the perforated lid, cooking the pootu in the process.
- Open the lid and push the pootu out with a rod onto a plate.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the rice powder.
Calories: 300 kcal
Carbohydrates: 62 g
Protein: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 2 mg
Potassium: 81 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 9 mg
Iron: 1 mg