Russian Fish Soup
Deliciously light and savory, this Russian fish soup is traditionally made during the summer and autumn months.
- 3 pint water
- 9 oz onions finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- pinch lemon rind finely grated
- bay leaf
- pinch black pepper
- 1 lb halibut steaks diced
- 4 floz heavy cream
- 8 floz white wine
- pinch white pepper
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 large cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 14 oz tomatoes peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 oz black olives, stoned and halved
- In a very large soup pot, combine the water, onions, parsley, lemon rind, bay leaf and black pepper.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish to the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, white wine, white pepper, garlic, cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes. Do not let the soup boil.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the olives.
- Leave the pot to stand for 30 seconds. Stir again and serve.
Calories: 1266 kcal
Carbohydrates: 63 g
Protein: 97 g
Saturated Fat: 29 g
Cholesterol: 384 mg
Sodium: 481 mg
Potassium: 4404 mg
Fiber: 13 g
Sugar: 32 g
Vitamin A: 5803 IU
Vitamin C: 94 mg
Calcium: 361 mg
Iron: 4 mg