Plain Coconut Biscuits
Plain Coconut Biscuits - a simple and delicious biscuit recipe that can be served as a snack or with a meal.
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 Tbls caster sugar superfine granulated
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg yolk
- flour for rolling out
- fat for greasing
- 2 oz desiccated coconut
- Heat the oven to moderate, 180°C, Gas 4.
- Mix the flour and salt together. Rub in the fat, stir in the sugar, desiccated coconut and baking powder.
- Bind to a stiff paste with the egg yolk.
- Knead well and roll out just under 1cm thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into rounds with a 5cm cutter.
- Re-roll and re-cut any trimmings.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Prick the top of each biscuit in 2 or 3 places.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch and pale golden brown.
- As soon as the biscuits are cooked, brush with warm jam glaze and sprinkle with coconut.
Calories: 93 kcal
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 62 mg
Potassium: 25 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 103 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 12 mg
Iron: 1 mg