Curried aubergine soup
This is a vegan, soy-free version of the popular Indian dish called "Dum Aloo" which is served with chapatis.
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tablespoon medium curry powder
- 1 aubergine diced
- 8 oz carrots diced
- 1 1/2 pints vegetable stock
- 1 lb can of chopped tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Place the onion, garlic, curry powder aubergine and carrots in a large saucepan.
- Add the stock, chopped tomatoes and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 25 minutes, until the aubergine is very pulpy.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor or liquidiser in batches.
- Blend for a very short time, so the texture of the soup is not entirely smooth.
- Heat through in a clean saucepan. Garnish with coriander
Calories: 97 kcal
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 915 mg
Potassium: 724 mg
Fiber: 7 g
Sugar: 12 g
Vitamin A: 10031 IU
Vitamin C: 19 mg
Calcium: 79 mg
Iron: 2 mg