- 1.1 lb pack puff pastry
- 4 oz granulated sugar
- 125 g water
- 1 vanilla pod split
- 1 cinnamon stick broken
- 1.6 lb cherries halved and stoned (seeded)
- 7 oz low fat creamery cheese
- 2 tbsp icing sugar confectioners sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 8 1/2 floz carton low fat yogurt
- 4 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F) Gas Mark 7.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry until it is large enough to cut out 6 x 12 cm x 12 cm squares.
- Upturn 6 ramekin dishes and place on a baking tray, lay the pastry on top of the ramekins and press down over the sides. Place a lightweight cooking rack over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the pastry is golden and well risen. Remove from the oven and take off the ramekin dishes, return the pastry cases to the oven for 5 minutes to dry out.
- Dissolve the sugar and water over a low heat in a medium size saucepan with the vanilla pod and cinnamon stick.
- Add the cherries and poach gently over a low heat for 5 minutes. Remove the cherries with a slotted spoon and put to one side to cool.
- Heat the remaining syrup and bring to the boil, allowing the liquid to reduce by a half. Add the redcurrant jelly and return to the boil, stirring continually until the jelly has dissolved.
- Mix the creamery cheese with the icing sugar, orange zest and yogurt. Divide the mixture between the pastry cases, top with cherries and brush over with hot redcurrant jelly.
- Chill, if not being eaten immediately.
Calories: 817 kcal
Carbohydrates: 91 g
Protein: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 16 g
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Sodium: 437 mg
Potassium: 430 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 46 g
Vitamin A: 453 IU
Vitamin C: 10 mg
Calcium: 323 mg
Iron: 3 mg