Cherry Mince Pies
Perfect for Christmas, these are baked to a golden brown and iced with a buttery icing.
- 4 1/2 oz shortcrust pastry
- 6 oz mincemeat
- 2 oz marachino cherries drained and quartered
- 1 tsp spoon lemon juice
- 1 medium size egg white
- 2 oz caster sugar superfine granulated
- 3 marachino cherries quartered
- accompaniments you may need these
- Shortcrust Pastry
- Roll out the pastry thinly on a floured surface and use to line twelve 7.5 cm patty tins. Prick the bases well and chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- Press a piece of foil into each pastry case and bake blind in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and return to the oven for 2 minutes.
- Mix together the filling ingredientsp. Divide between the pastry cases.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff, then whisk in the sugar a tablespoon at a time. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a 1 cm fluted nozzle and pipe a rosette on top of each pie. Top with the cherry pieces.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4 for 6 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or cold.
Calories: 99 kcal
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Protein: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 135 mg
Potassium: 27 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 15 g
Vitamin A: 4 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 2 mg
Iron: 1 mg