Strawberry Plaice Paupiettes
The sweetness of the strawberries is offset by the spicy coriander.
- 1 lb strawberries hulled
- 4 tbsps fresh chopped coriander
- 10 plaice fillets skinned, each weighing about 3 oz
- 6 floz fish stock
- Finely chop 12 oz (350 g) of the strawberries and halve the rest.
- Blend together the coriander, two plaice fillets and freshly ground black pepper in either a food processor or liquidiser until smooth. Stir in the chopped strawberries.
- Divide the filling between the remaining plaice fillets and roll up from the wider end of the fillet.
- Place the fillets side by side in a small frying pan and pour over the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and poach for 10 minutes, until the fish begins to flake.
- Carefully remove the fish with a slotted spoon, taking care not to break them, and keep warm.
- Rapidly boil the juices until reduced by two thirds. Toss in the remaining halved strawberries and simmer gently for 10 seconds.
- Serve the fish with the sauce poured over.
Calories: 228 kcal
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Protein: 39 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 153 mg
Sodium: 312 mg
Potassium: 898 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 6 g
Vitamin A: 42 IU
Vitamin C: 67 mg
Calcium: 93 mg
Iron: 1 mg