Scallop Kebabs with Pasta and Basil Butter
- 8 scallops
- 8 oz pasta spirals noodles or ribbons
- 1 medium onion or two shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 pint fish stock
- 1 small carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery scrubbed and finely chopped
- 2 oz gchilled butter
- 1 tablespoon basil finely chopped, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Unless you have bought the scallops ready prepared, open and trim them.
- Slice each white lobe in half, and thread onto 4 lightly oiled skewers, interspersing occasionally with the pink corals.
- Cook the pasta in lots of boiling water to which you can add a drop of oil to prevent the pasta sticking.
- Drain and keep warm on a large serving plate
- Now make the basil butter. Put the onion, wine, stock, carrot, and celery in a pan, bring to the boil and continue boiling until reduced by half
- Strain through a sieve, then return to the pan.
- Bring the liquid back to the boil, drop pieces of the chilled butter and whisk in until the sauce is creamy.
- Now add the basil and a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper. Keep warm,
- Light the grill and let it get hot. Grill the scallops, turning occasionally until golden brown - about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Lay them on the bed of pasta, pour the sauce all over and serve immediately.
Calories: 378 kcal
Carbohydrates: 48 g
Protein: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 38 mg
Sodium: 424 mg
Potassium: 351 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 4 g
Vitamin A: 2937 IU
Vitamin C: 3 mg
Calcium: 50 mg
Iron: 1 mg