Monkfish and Pepper Kebabs with Bearnaise Butter Sauce
- 8 strips streaky bacon bone and rind removed
- 2 pieces lemon grass
- 2 lbs monkfish cut into 5 cm (2 inch) pieces
- 1 green pepper seeded and cut into 5 cm (2 inch) pieces
- 1 red pepper seeded and cut into 5 cm (2 inch) pieces
- 12 button mushrooms washed and trimmed
- 8 bay leaves
- Oil for brushing
- 4 floz dry white wine
- 4 tbsps tarragon vinegar
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chervil or parsley
- 8 oz butter melted
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the bacon in half lengthways and then in half across. Peel the lemon grass and use only the core. Cut this into small shreds.
- Place a piece of fish on each strip of bacon and top with a shred of lemon grass. Roll up the bacon around the fish. Thread each fish and bacon roll onto kebab skewers, alternating with the peppers, mushrooms and bay leaves. Brush well with oil.
- Cook under a moderate grill for 15 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with more oil, if necessary until the fish is cooked.
- Heat together the wine, vinegar and shallots in a small saucepan until they are boiling. Cook rapidly until reduced by half.
- Stir in the herbs and lower the heat. Beat in the butter, a little at a time, until the sauce is the thickness of an hollandaise. Season to taste and serve with the kebabs.
Calories: 834 kcal
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Protein: 42 g
Saturated Fat: 36 g
Trans Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 208 mg
Sodium: 747 mg
Potassium: 1440 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 4 g
Vitamin A: 2736 IU
Vitamin C: 69 mg
Calcium: 72 mg
Iron: 2 mg