Purple Sprouting Broccoli and Goats Cheese Tart
- 1 sheet ready-made puff pastry though home-made would be better
- 2 goats' cheese
- 1/4 pint double cream
- 1/4 pint milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 9 oz purple sprouting broccoli
- salt pepper and nutmeg, to taste
- Roll out the pastry and line a 20cm/8in flan ring. Bake blind in a medium hot oven.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling salted water until tender. Refresh in iced water.
- Trim the stalks and some of the outside leaves from the broccoli, and then liquidize in a blender with the milk, cream and eggs.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cut the goats' cheese into cubes and place into the pastry case, along with the purple broccoli. Pour over the egg mixture, and bake the tart in a medium oven for about 25 minutes, or until the tart has set.
- Serve warm with some salad leaves and crusty bread.
Calories: 2020 kcal
Carbohydrates: 125 g
Protein: 46 g
Saturated Fat: 56 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 502 mg
Sodium: 854 mg
Potassium: 718 mg
Fiber: 9 g
Sugar: 9 g
Vitamin A: 2824 IU
Vitamin C: 22 mg
Calcium: 369 mg
Iron: 10 mg