Creamy cauliflower and broccoli soup
Creamy cauliflower and broccoli soup - traditional, vegan and gluten free.
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 lb cauliflower broken into florets
- 12 oz broccoli broken into florets
- 20 floz vegetable stock
- 15 floz skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the chopped onion, cauliflower and broccoli in a large saucepan.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor or liquidiser in batches, and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to a clean saucepan and add the milk. Cook, stirring, until the soup just comes to the boil.
- Mix the cornflour with a little cold water to make a paste and stir this into the soup.
- Cook, stirring, until the liquid thickens a little.
- Season to taste and serve the soup piping hot.
Calories: 129 kcal
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Protein: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 702 mg
Potassium: 821 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 12 g
Vitamin A: 1072 IU
Vitamin C: 133 mg
Calcium: 207 mg
Iron: 1 mg