Pork Sesame Toasts
The best and easiest way to make Pork Sesame Toasts recipe. Recipe is quick, simple, and delicious.
- 9 oz lean pork
- 9 oz uncooked peeled prawns shrimp, deveined
- 4 spring onions scallions, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 egg
- 8 - 10 slices of thick-cut white bread
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 pint vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- sprigs of fresh coriander cilantro
- red bell pepper, sliced finely
- Put the pork, prawns (shrimp), spring onions (scallions), garlic, coriander (cilantro), fish sauce, egg and seasoning into a food processor or blender. Process for a few seconds until the ingredients are finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Alternatively, chop the pork, prawns (shrimp) and spring onions (scallions) very finely, and mix with the garlic, coriander (cilantro), fish sauce, beaten egg and seasoning until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Spread the pork and prawn (shrimp) mixture thickly over the bread so that it reaches right up to the edges. Cut off the crusts and slice each piece of bread into 4 squares or triangles.
- Sprinkle the topping liberally with sesame seeds.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan (skillet). Fry a few pieces of the bread, topping side down first so that it sets the egg, for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn the pieces over to cook on the other side, about 1 minute.
- Drain the pork and prawn (shrimp) toasts and place them on kitchen paper (paper towels). Fry the remaining pieces. Serve garnished with sprigs of fresh coriander (cilantro) and strips of red (bell) pepper.
Calories: 740 kcal
Carbohydrates: 58 g
Protein: 39 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 185 mg
Sodium: 1615 mg
Potassium: 645 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 6 g
Vitamin A: 188 IU
Vitamin C: 3 mg
Calcium: 414 mg
Iron: 6 mg