- 8 oz penne
- low fat cooking spray
- 1 bunch of spring onions chopped
- 3 1/2 oz fine asparagus spears sliced
- 1 courgette chopped
- 2 3/4 oz frozen petit pais or garden peas
- 3 1/2 floz very low fat plain fromage frais
- 9 oz tub of low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- a few mint leaves torn into shreds
- 4 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a handful of mint leaves to taste
- 4 lemon wedges
- Cook the pasta shapes for about 8-10 minutes in plenty of boiling, lightly salted water, or according to pack instructions, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray and saute the spring onions for about
- 3 minutes, until softened. Add the asparagus, courgette and frozen petit pois or garden peas. Cook, stirring, for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the fromage frais, soft cheese, lemon zest and torn mint leaves to the pan. Cook gently for about 4 minutes, stirring from time to time. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid, and then return it with the reserved liquid to the saucepan. Add the sauce to the pasta, mixing it in gently.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to four warmed plates and sprinkle each portion with 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese. Serve, garnished with mint leaves and the lemon wedge.
- Top tip You don't have to use penne - any pasta shape will work well. The Points will stay the same.
- Variation If asparagus is too expensive or not in season, use fine green beans instead. The Points will remain the same.
Calories: 528 kcal
Carbohydrates: 57 g
Protein: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 15 g
Cholesterol: 85 mg
Sodium: 353 mg
Potassium: 575 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 9 g
Vitamin A: 1482 IU
Vitamin C: 42 mg
Calcium: 157 mg
Iron: 2 mg