Chicken, Artichoke and Tarragon Pasta
The fresh, light flavors of chicken, artichoke and tarragon are a perfect complement to pasta. Tender pieces of chicken combine with artichokes and the delicate flavor of tarragon in this easy pasta dish.
- 12 oz green tagliatelle
- 2 uncooked chicken breasts or half a chicken
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 glasses vermouth or white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 14 oz tinned artichoke hearts
- 3 oz small mangetout
- 4 oz broccoli
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons strained Greek yoghurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2 in (50 mm) strips. Peel and chop the onion finely. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan, then add the vinegar and onion, and cook for 3 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the vermouth or wine, and the lemon juice, and reduce the heat so that the sauce is just simmering.
- Meanwhile, drain the tin of artichokes and cut them into bite-size pieces. Trim the mangetout and break up the broccoli into tiny florets.
- Roughly chop the tarragon leaves, discarding the stalks, and add them to the chicken in the frying pan, along with the sugar and artichokes. Stir in the yoghurt, adjust the seasoning and continue to simmer over a low heat.
- Add the pasta and remaining oil to a large pan of boiling salted water, and cook according to the instructions on the packet. Add the mangetout and broccoli florets to a smaller pan of boiling salted water and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables as soon as they are cooked. Spoon the chicken, artichokes and sauce over the pasta, and arrange the green vegetables around the plate. Serve immediately.
Calories: 659 kcal
Carbohydrates: 76 g
Protein: 41 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 145 mg
Sodium: 536 mg
Potassium: 939 mg
Fiber: 7 g
Sugar: 7 g
Vitamin A: 575 IU
Vitamin C: 57 mg
Calcium: 112 mg
Iron: 4 mg