Tarragon Buttered Eggs on Pasta
This recipe is fantastic! It can be eaten as an appetizer or a full meal. The recipe is very easy to make and it's also delicious.
- 2 oz butter
- 3 oz onions skinned and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove skinned and crushed
- grated rind and juice of 1/2 small lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz tagliatelle verdi
- 4 eggs
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, lemon rind, juice and tarragon. Cook over a low heat for 4 5 minutes until the onion is soft. Season to taste.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for 10 12 minutes until just tender. Drain well. Toss in half the butter mixture and spoon into a serving dish. Keep warm covered in a low oven.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and gently poach the eggs until just set. Drain and transfer to the pasta. Coat the eggs with the remaining butter mixture. Serve immediately.
Calories: 568 kcal
Carbohydrates: 46 g
Protein: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 18 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 436 mg
Sodium: 342 mg
Potassium: 350 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 1241 IU
Vitamin C: 4 mg
Calcium: 94 mg
Iron: 3 mg