Methi Dahi (Fenugreek-flavoured yoghurt)
- 1 oz Fenugreek methi leaves, picked, cleaned
- 3 1/2 oz Ghee/Vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida hing, dissolved in 1 tsp of water
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric haldi powder
- 1 Ginger adrak, 1 inch piece, thinly sliced
- 3 Green chillies finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 3 1/2 oz Yoghurt dahi, whisked
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- Boil the fenugreek leaves in water for 5-7 minutes. Cool and drain the leaves and squeeze out the water. Blend to a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee / oil in a wok (kadhai) with the asafoetida water. When it splutters, add fenugreek paste. Stir for 7-8 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, ginger, green chillies, and salt. Stir in 1/2 cup of warm water and cook on low heat till the fenugreek is tender. Add the whisked yoghurt and stir till the mixture is well blended and the ghee / oil comes to the surface.
- Sprinkle garam masala just before serving.
Calories: 270 kcal
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 3 mg
Sodium: 129 mg
Potassium: 107 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 29 IU
Vitamin C: 5 mg
Calcium: 44 mg
Iron: 3 mg