Stir Fried Mixed Vegetables With Water Chestnuts
This dish has a delightfully crunchy flavor. If mange-tout (snow peas) are not available, green or French beans may be substituted. Bamboo shoot and water chestnuts may be obtained from Chinese provision stores.
- 2 floz Vegetable oil
- piece Fresh root ginger peeled 2 inch and finely chopped
- 1 lb Mange-tout snow peas, cut into 5 cm 2 inch lengths
- 2 oz Canned bamboo shoot drained and sliced
- 4 Water chestnuts sliced
- 1 Tbs Rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- Heat the oil in a large frying-pan. Add the ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the mange-tout (snow peas) and bamboo shoot and stir-fry for 4 minutes.
- Stir in all of the remaining ingredients until they are thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to a warmed serving dish and serve at once.
Calories: 189 kcal
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 6 mg
Potassium: 251 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 5 g
Vitamin A: 1234 IU
Vitamin C: 68 mg
Calcium: 51 mg
Iron: 2 mg