Stir Fried Shrimps with Cashews
Stir-fried shrimps with cashews is a popular dish in China. It is simple, quick and delicious.
- 1 lb Small shelled shrimps
- 1 Tbs Rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 Egg white lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 Tbs Cornflour cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 2 floz Vegetable oil
- 4 oz Unsalted cashew nuts
- piece Fresh root ginger peeled 2 inch and finely chopped
- 4 Spring onions scallions, finely chopped
- 3 oz Canned bamboo shoot drained and finely chopped
- Put the shrimps into a shallow bowl. Combine half the wine or sherry, the egg white, 1 tablespoon of cornflour (cornstarch), seasoning and ground ginger until the mixture forms a smooth batter. Pour the batter over the shrimps and toss gently to coat them thoroughly. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes*.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying-pan. Add the cashews and fry, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until they are deep golden. Push them to the side of the pan and add the shrimps. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until they are crisp.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except the remaining wine or sherry and cornflour (cornstarch). Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining wine or sherry and cornflour (cornstarch) and stir the cashews back into the shrimp mixture. Cook until the sauce thickens and becomes translucent.
- Transfer the mixture to a warmed serving dish and serve at once.
Calories: 274 kcal
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Protein: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 122 mg
Sodium: 103 mg
Potassium: 370 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 82 IU
Vitamin C: 2 mg
Calcium: 63 mg
Iron: 2 mg