Xengo Temperado (Curried drumsticks)
- 8 Drumsticks saijan ki phalli, cut into 2 1/2 inch pieces
grind to a smooth paste with a little water:
- 1 3/4 oz Coconut nariyal, grated
- 3 Green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Cumin jeera seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric haldi powder
- 4 cloves Garlic lasan, minced
- 3/4 inch piece Ginger adrak, minced
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion large, finely sliced
3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vinegar sirka
- Peel off the hard outer fibre of the drumsticks.
- Heat the oil in a pan; saute the onion till soft. Add the ground spice paste and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the drumsticks. Stir well. Add 1/2 cup of water and salt; cook covered on low heat until done.
- Add vinegar and cook for 2 minutes more. Adjust seasoning. Serve hot.
- Variations: Use 8 3/4 floz of any vegetable especially gherkins cut lengthways or chopped cluster beans.
- Add a few peeled prawns together with vegetables like bottle gourd, aubergine, and okra. Add extra water to make a curry.
Calories: 112 kcal
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Protein: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 79 mg
Potassium: 116 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 164 IU
Vitamin C: 6 mg
Calcium: 16 mg
Iron: 1 mg