Ginger Cream Refrigerator Cake
- 1 oblong ginger cake
- 1/2 pint double cream
- 4 tablespoons ginger marmalade
- 1 tablespoon Advocaat optional
- candied fruit slices to decorate
- Remove the cake from its paper wrapper. Scrape off the remnants of cake sticking to the wrapper with a round-bladed knife, then crumble them between your fingers and reserve for decoration, if liked.
- Cut the cake vertically into 4 equal slices, as shown in photograph.
- Whip the cream until thick, then fold in the marmalade and Advocaat, if using. Sandwich the cake back together with about half of the cream mixture, then place on a narrow serving dish.
- Spread the remaining cream mixture all over the cake to cover it completely.
- Decorate the top with candied
- fruit slices and sprinkle with the reserved cake crumbs, if using. Refrigerate the cake for 1 - 2 hours before serving.
makes 8 slices