Ginger and Mint Fruit Salad
- 23 floz bottle ginger wine
- 8 oz caster sugar
- 1 oz fresh root ginger
- 3 large mangoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 large papayas peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Charentais melons halved, deseeded, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb seedless red grapes stalk removed
- 2 fresh mint sprigs plus extra to decorate
- Place the wine, sugar and ginger in a pan with 600ml (I pint) of water and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat and bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer gently for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Put all the fruit in a large serving bowl and strain the cooled syrup over. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, chop the mint leaves and add to the fruit salad. Decorate with extra mint sprigs.
Calories: 89 kcal
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Protein: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 5 mg
Potassium: 178 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 19 g
Vitamin A: 693 IU
Vitamin C: 40 mg
Calcium: 16 mg
Iron: 1 mg