Fillet of Beef with roquefort Butter Sauce
This simple and delicious fillet of beef with roquefort butter sauce recipe is perfect for a romantic evening. If you're looking for a delicious way to wow your Valentine, look no further than this dinner recipe.
- 4 ounce roquefort crumbled
- 4 ounce unsalted butter softened
- 2 pound beef fillet
- 3 1/2 fluid ounce vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 large aubergines about 14 oz each, cut lengthways into 1/2 in slices
- 5 oz onions finely chopped
- 5 fl oz medium-dry sherry
- 1 1/4 pint fresh meat stock
- lemon juice to taste
- fresh rosemary sprigs to garnish
- baby spinach
- beetroot shavings
- Soft Polenta
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan oven/Gas Mark 7. Gently stir the cheese into the butter (don't overbeat or it will turn grey). Cover and chill.
- Season the beef. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan for 1 to 2 minutes, then brown the beef for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Set aside to cool.
- Spread the garlic over the beef. Brush each side of the aubergine slices with oil and fry in a non-stick frying pan for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden; cool. Wrap the aubergine slices around the beef and tie at intervals with string; season and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in the frying pan, add the onion and cook for 10 minutes or until golden, add the sherry, bring to the boil and bubble to reduce by half. Add the stock, bring to the boil again and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until reduced by half. Set the sauce aside.
- Roast the beef for 30 minutes for rare, 35 for medium-rare and 40 minutes for well done. Cover the meat loosely with foil and set aside in a warm place to rest for 10 minutes.
- Reheat the sauce, whisking in the roquefort butter a little at a time. Add the lemon juice.
- Thinly slice the beef and stir any pan juices into the sauce. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve with the sauce on the side, spinach, beetroot and Soft Polenta.
Calories: 722 kcal
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Protein: 34 g
Saturated Fat: 20 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 125 mg
Sodium: 836 mg
Potassium: 908 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 475 IU
Vitamin C: 5 mg
Calcium: 181 mg
Iron: 4 mg