Fresh Fried Trout
This recipe for fried trout is a classic dish that can be prepared in a variety of ways. The recipe includes a step-by-step guide, easy to follow directions, and simple to prepare ingredients.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 oz cubed Spanish panceta bacon lardons or ham
- 2 trout cleaned
- 2 tablespoons plain flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove cut into slivers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon cut into wedges, to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan, add the panceta and fry until just golden. Remove to a plate.
- Dust the fish with the seasoned flour. Open the bellies, season with salt and pepper and put in the garlic slivers.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan, add the trout and fry over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Increase the heat and cook for a further 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to hot plates, then return the panceta to the pan to warm through.
- Spoon the panceta on top of the trout and sprinkle with parsley and pepper. Serve hot with lemon wedges, or leave until cold.
- Note Panceta is Spanish streaky bacon, like Italian pancetta. Panceta ahumada is smoked streaky bacon. Both are available cut from slabs in Spanish shops.
Calories: 516 kcal
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Protein: 41 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 122 mg
Sodium: 325 mg
Potassium: 739 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 285 IU
Vitamin C: 18 mg
Calcium: 87 mg
Iron: 3 mg