Fish, Courgette and Lemon Kebabs #2
- 16 small thin sole fillets, or 8 larger ones, skinned and cut in half lengthways
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Finely grated rind 1/2 lemon
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 drops tabasco sauce
- 2 medium-sized courgettes cut into 5 mm (1/4 inch) slices
- 1 green pepper halved, seeded and cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces
- Roll up each sole fillet like a Swiss roll and secure with a wooden cocktail stick.
- Place the fish rolls in a shallow dish. Mix together the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, lemon rind, salt and pepper and tabasco sauce.
- Spoon the olive oil mixture evenly over the fish rolls, and chill for about 2 hours.
- Remove the wooden cocktail sticks, and carefully thread the rolled fish fillets onto kebab skewers alternately with the courgette slices and pieces of green pepper.
- Brush each threaded kebab with a little of the lemon and oil marinade.
- Arrange the kebab skewers on a grill pan and cook under a moderately hot grill for about 8 minutes, carefully turning the kebabs once or twice during cooking and brushing them with a little of the remaining marinade, if required.
Calories: 778 kcal
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Protein: 113 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 405 mg
Sodium: 2673 mg
Potassium: 1755 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 603 IU
Vitamin C: 43 mg
Calcium: 209 mg
Iron: 2 mg