Salade Nicoise #3
A classic French salad combining tuna fish and anchovies with crisp lettuce, celery and peppers, Salade Nicoise has an attractive garnish of black olives and hard-boiled eggs.
- 1 crisp Cos lettuce leaves separated and washed
- 4 celery stalks scrubbed and chopped
- 4 tomatoes skinned, seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper cored, seeded, and chopped
- 7 oz can tuna fish drained and flaked
- 2 oz can anchovies in oil drained, soaked in milk for 30 minutes and rinsed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs quartered
- 2 oz black olives stoned
- 1/4 pint French dressing
- Arrange the lettuce leaves to cover the bottom and sides of a large salad bowl.
- Put the celery, tomatoes and pepper on top of the lettuce in the bottom of the bowl, then add the tuna and anchovies.
- Garnish the salad with the egg quarters and olives. Sprinkle French dressing over the salad just before serving.
Calories: 326 kcal
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Protein: 21 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 124 mg
Sodium: 1049 mg
Potassium: 631 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 9 g
Vitamin A: 3174 IU
Vitamin C: 42 mg
Calcium: 83 mg
Iron: 2 mg