Hake in Thai Sauce
Hake in Thai Sauce is a recipe with an Asian flair. This dish is easy to make and has a flavor that will please most palates.
- 3/4 pint can coconut milk
- 5 cm piece fresh root ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 stalks lemon grass very finely chopped
- 4 - 5 kaffir lime leaves torn
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 3/4 lb hake fillets
- 5 1/3 oz pack baby button mushrooms
- juice of 1 lime
- 5 birds eye chillies deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsps sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp pack fresh coriander finely chopped
- Heat the coconut milk until simmering.
- Add the ginger, cherry tomatoes, lemon grass and kaffir leaves and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the fish sauce, add the hake fillets and mushrooms, and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, chillies, sugar and seasoning to taste. Remove the kaffir leaves.
- Stir in the coriander just before serving.
Calories: 319 kcal
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Protein: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 19 g
Sodium: 205 mg
Potassium: 964 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 10 g
Vitamin A: 714 IU
Vitamin C: 97 mg
Calcium: 70 mg
Iron: 4 mg