Chikki (Groundnut toffee made with jaggery)
- 14 oz Groundnuts moongphalli, skinned, chopped
- 7 oz Jaggery gur, grated or chopped
- 8 floz Water
- 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Grease a steel or aluminium tray and keep aside.
- Cook the jaggery with water in a pot on low heat, stirring frequently. Test after 5 minutes by dropping 1/2 tsp of the mixture into cold water. If it forms a hard lump in the water remove from heat. Add the groundnuts and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into the greased tray. Spread enough to a height of 1 inch or 2.5 cm. Cut into squares or rectangular pieces when set.
- Store in airtight containers.
Calories: 508 kcal
Carbohydrates: 39 g
Protein: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 17 mg
Potassium: 492 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 28 g
Calcium: 81 mg
Iron: 3 mg