This salad is easy to prepare and goes well with cold ratatouille.
- 1 1/4 lb tinned chickpeas
- 6 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon for garnish
- Drain and rinse the tinned chickpeas, drain again, and then put them to one side.
- 2, Trim and wash the spring onions, then finely slice the bulb and about 3in (80mm) of the green stalk into thin rings, and put to one side.
- 3, In a large serving bowl, blend the oil and lemon juice together by whisking thoroughly. Add the drained chickpeas, spring onions and chopped parsley. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and then thoroughly toss the salad.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish, and arrange them over the top of the salad.
Calories: 313 kcal
Carbohydrates: 44 g
Protein: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 16 mg
Potassium: 540 mg
Fiber: 13 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 564 IU
Vitamin C: 32 mg
Calcium: 99 mg
Iron: 5 mg