Boiled Leeks (Poireaux l'Anglaise)
- 10 prepared leeks each weighing about 4 1/2 oz
- Cut off the root and the top third of the green part, cut along the length from just above the root end and hold under the cold tap to wash inside and out.
- Tie into two bundles, place in boiling salted water and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Remove with a spider and drain, then remove the string.
- Cut in two lengthways and fold the tops under in the form of triangles.
- Serve arranged neatly in a vegetable dish.
Calories: 78 kcal
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 26 mg
Potassium: 230 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 5 g
Vitamin A: 2127 IU
Vitamin C: 15 mg
Calcium: 75 mg
Iron: 3 mg