Braised Endive Wrapped in Ham (German)
Braised endive wrapped in ham is a German dish that is known for its light and refreshing taste.
- 10 endives each weighing about 100 g
- 2 juice of lemons
- 4 tbsp salt and pepper
- Cheese Sauce
- 1 3/4 oz grated Emmenthal cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- Remove any discoloured leaves and wash the endives.
- Wrap each endive in a slice of ham, then place in an oiled shallow dish.
- sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Cover with buttered greaseproof paper and the lid.
- Place in the oven at 175°C and braise for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the liquid and place on a board. Cut in two lengthways and fold the top half underneath to form a triangular shape.
- arrange in a vegetable dish, coat with Cheese Sauce, sprinkle with 50 g grated Emmenthal cheese and 50 ml butter and gratinate.
Calories: 78 kcal
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 17 mg
Sodium: 2842 mg
Potassium: 235 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 212 IU
Vitamin C: 5 mg
Calcium: 63 mg
Iron: 1 mg