900g (2 lb) small potatoes
2 tbsp butter
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
2 tbsp chives, chopped
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1. Boil the potatoes in their skins until tender but not soft.
2. Drain and rinse thoroughly in cold water as this aids the easy removal of the skins.
3. Heat the butter in a large frying pan until it foams, add the potatoes and brown lightly.
4. Cover, turn down heat and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the lid, increase the heat, shaking the pan so that the potatoes will be crisp on the outside.
6. Serve immediately, sprinkled with salt, pepper, the herbs and the onions.