Potatoes with Cauliflower and Eggs
- 1 lb cauliflower
- 4 oz creamed coconut block grated
- 10 floz warm water
- 2.5 cm 1 in cube of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 floz water
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium onion peeled and diced
- 2 small green chillies deseeded and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes peeled and diced
- 1 level tsp ground turmeric
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and parboiled, cooled
- Juice of a fresh lemon
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 medium eggs hard boiled (cooked)
- Divide the cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling salted water for 1 minute,
- strain and cool under cold running water.
- Dissolve the grated coconut cream in the warm water.
- Using a food processor if available, make a paste with the ginger, garlic and 55ml (2 fl oz) of water.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the cinnamon, onion, ginger and garlic paste and chopped chillies for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric and coconut milk.
- Cover the pan and let the mixture cook slowly for 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes cut into quarters lengthways, cauliflower, lemon juice, garam masala and salt.
- Stir carefully and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in half and place cut side up in the mixture, and spoon over some of the sauce.
Calories: 429 kcal
Carbohydrates: 39 g
Protein: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 14 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 164 mg
Sodium: 545 mg
Potassium: 1143 mg
Fiber: 7 g
Sugar: 5 g
Vitamin A: 585 IU
Vitamin C: 76 mg
Calcium: 84 mg
Iron: 3 mg