Tuna Baked in Parchment
This recipe uses a French technique that is healthy and seals in all the flavour too.
- 4 tuna steaks about 8 oz each in weight
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 beefsteak tomato cut in 4 slices
- 1 green pepper seeded and cut in thin rings
- 8 large uncooked peeled prawns
- 2 tsps finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 small green or red chilli seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tbsps dry white wine or lemon juice
- Lightly oil 4 oval pieces of baking parchment about 8x10".
- Place a tuna steak on half of each piece of parchment and top with 2 slices of onion.
- Place a slice of tomato on each fish and top with green pepper rings.
- Place 2 prawns on top and sprinkle over the oregano, salt and chilli pepper.
- Spoon the wine or lemon juice over each fish and fold the parchment over the fish.
- Overlap the edges and pinch and fold to seal securely. Place the parcels on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 - 12 minutes in a pre-heated 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 oven.
- Unwrap each parcel at the table to serve.
Calories: 305 kcal
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Protein: 43 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 65 mg
Sodium: 77 mg
Potassium: 909 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 6 g
Vitamin A: 4654 IU
Vitamin C: 55 mg
Calcium: 51 mg
Iron: 3 mg