Tuna and Tomato Salad
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or marjoram
- 6 tbsps French dressing
- 12 oz pasta shapes of your choice
- 6 to matoes
- 12 oz canned tuna fish preferably in brine, drained and flaked
- Mix the basil or marjoram, with the French dressing, in a small jug or bowl.
- Cook the pasta shapes in a large saucepan of boiling, lightly salted water, until they are tender which will take about 10 minutes. >
- Rinse in cold water and drain well, shaking off any excess water.
- Put the pasta shapes into a large bowl and toss
- with 3 tablespoons of the French dressing, mixing well to ensure that they are evenly coated. Leave to cool.
- Slice enough of the tomatoes to arrange around the outside of the serving dish and then chop the rest.
- Put the chopped tomatoes into another bowl and pour over the remaining French dressing. Put this into the centre of a serving dish.
- Add the flaked tuna to the pasta shapes and toss together gently
- Pile the pasta shapes and tuna over the chopped tomatoes in the centre of the dish.
- Arrange the tomato slices around the edge of the serving dish and chill well until required.
Calories: 560 kcal
Carbohydrates: 42 g
Protein: 31 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 32 mg
Sodium: 1470 mg
Potassium: 882 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 14 g
Vitamin A: 4185 IU
Vitamin C: 28 mg
Calcium: 65 mg
Iron: 4 mg