Make sure the ends of the pastry roll are firmly sealed or the filling will leak out during cooking. Take care when transferring the pastry to the baking sheet. The pastry is thin and the roll is long–so use 2 fish slices and place diagonally on the baking sheet, if necessary.
- 7 oz can tuna drained
- 6 stuffed olives chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg chopped
- 2 tablespoons single cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 7 1/2 oz frozen puff pastry defrosted
- beaten egg yolk for brushing
- lightly beaten egg white to glaze
- Heat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas 6.
- Put the tuna into a bowl with the olives, hard-boiled egg, cream and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface into a thin rectangle about 38 X 28 cm/15 x 11 inches; trim edges.
- Spread the tuna mixture over the pastry leaving a pastry border all round of about 1 cm/tyi inch. Starting at a long edge roll up the pastry. Brush the opposite long edge with beaten egg yolk and press down firmly so that it sticks. Gently press the roll to flatten its shape slightly. Tuck the ends in, brushing with egg yolk so that they stick.
- Dampen a large baking sheet and carefully transfer the pastry roll to it, join side down. Brush all over with beaten egg white.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot or cold, cut into slices.
Calories: 386 kcal
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Protein: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 73 mg
Sodium: 367 mg
Potassium: 158 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 362 IU
Vitamin C: 3 mg
Calcium: 31 mg
Iron: 2 mg