This is a good salad to make in the winter, using frozen French beans. Serve for lunch with cold chicken, turkey or any cold cooked meat.
- 1/2 lb long-grain rice cooked and drained
- 11 1/2 oz can sweetcorn drained
- 4 oz French beans cooked and drained
- 2 celery stalks scrubbed and chopped
- 1 red or green pepper cored, seeded and chopped
- 4 to matoes skinned, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 pint Mustard dressing
- Put the rice and sweetcorn in a large serving bowl and stir to mix.
- Stir in the beans, celery and pepper, adding the tomatoes last.
- Pour over the prepared dressing and fold in, being careful not to break the vegetables.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until required, stirring before serving.
Calories: 342 kcal
Carbohydrates: 72 g
Protein: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 350 mg
Potassium: 692 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 9 g
Vitamin A: 1575 IU
Vitamin C: 49 mg
Calcium: 62 mg
Iron: 2 mg