Chicken Strips in Yellow Bean Sauce
Add some Chinese flavor to your weeknight dinner with this delicious recipe for chicken strips in yellow bean sauce.
- 1 lb skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 fresh green chilli
- 3 tablespoons yellow bean paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 oz cashew nuts
- Cut the chicken into thin, even strips. De-seed and slice the chilli into fine rings.
- Combine the yellow bean paste, soy sauce, honey and sherry together in a bowl. Then mix the cornflour with 3 tablespoons of water until smooth, then add to the paste mixture.
- Heat half the oil in a wok or frying pan over low heat and brown cashews evenly. Remove from pan.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and increase to a high heat. Add the chicken and chilli and stir-fry for 2 - 3 minutes until sealed on all sides.
- Add the sauce to the pan and stir over a medium heat until the chicken is evenly glazed and the sauce is thickened.
- Add the cashew nuts and serve at once.
Calories: 342 kcal
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Protein: 29 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 73 mg
Sodium: 1024 mg
Potassium: 564 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 11 g
Vitamin A: 45 IU
Vitamin C: 3 mg
Calcium: 21 mg
Iron: 2 mg