Roasted English Plums with Honey, Lavender, Rosemary and Redcurrants
- 3 tbsp prune juice
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 strips of orange zest cut with a potato peeler
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 sprigs of lavender flowers plus extra to decorate
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 oz redcurrants
- 9 oz ripe English plums halved and stoned
- 3 tbsp 0% fat natural yoghurt Greek style, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Put the prune juice, orange juice and zest, rosemary, lavender and honey into a small saucepan over a low heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes, until you have a light syrup. Remove from the heat, add the redcurrants and leave to cool.
- Line a roasting tin with baking paper and arrange the plum halves in it, cut-side up. Spoon half the syrup over the plums, then roast in the oven for 15 minutes until soft. Remove from the oven.
- Arrange the plums on a serving plate, spoon over the remaining syrup and top with the yoghurt. Decorate with lavender before serving.
- This dish can be served hot or cold but is best served warm with chilled yoghurt.
- Choose only ripe plums for this dish so that the skins can be removed after roasting.
Calories: 157 kcal
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 4 mg
Sodium: 15 mg
Potassium: 484 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 28 g
Vitamin A: 688 IU
Vitamin C: 27 mg
Calcium: 63 mg
Iron: 1 mg