Roasted Vegetable Salad with Mustard Mayonnaise
- 2 lb total weight mixed vegetables such as fennel, courgettes, leeks,
- aubergines baby turnips, new potatoes and onions
- 2 garlic cloves unpeeled
- 5 fresh marjoram or rosemary sprigs
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- mixed crushed peppercorns to taste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 7 oz total weight mixed charcuterie such as bresaola, pastrami, Parma ham, chorizo and salami to serve
- fresh marjoram sprigs and green olives to garnish
- warm crusty bread to serve
for the mustard mayonnaise
- 5 floz mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan oven/Gas Mark 7. For the vegetables, quarter the fennel, chop the courgettes, leeks and aubergines, trim the turnips and cut the onions into petals, leaving the root intact. Place all the vegetables, garlic, rosemary or marjoram, oil, salt and peppercorns in a roasting tin and gently toss together to combine well.
- Roast the vegetables for 30 to 35 minutes or until the vegetables are golden, tossing frequently. Sprinkle over the balsamic vinegar, then return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- To make the mustard mayonnaise, mix together the mayonnaise and mustard, then season and set aside.
- Arrange the meats on a platter. Surround with the roasted vegetable salad garnished with marjoram sprigs and green olives. Serve with the mustard mayonnaise and crusty bread.
Calories: 479 kcal
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Protein: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 31 mg
Sodium: 1066 mg
Potassium: 443 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 7722 IU
Vitamin C: 16 mg
Calcium: 51 mg
Iron: 2 mg