Pressed Rice Savoury (Chura Tareko)
- 5 oz Beaten rice chidwa
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 Potatoes medium-sized, peeled, cut into thin rounds, soaked in water
- 3 1/4 oz Groundnuts moongphallf, fried
- 5 Dry red chillies sookhi lal mirch
- 4 tsp Dry coconut copra, cut into thin slices
- 1 3/4 oz Green coriander hara dhaniya, strands
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric haldi powder
- 1 tsp Cumin jeera seeds, dry roasted, powdered
- Heat the oil in a pan; fry a little pressed rice first if it puffs up the oil is of the right temperature. Fry the remaining beaten reice and keep aside.
- In the same oil, fry the following one at a time in the given order, drain and keep aside: the potato rounds till crisp, groundnuts, dry red chillies till they turn light brown, coconut pieces and green coriander.
- In a large flat dish, mix all the above ingredients well.
- Mix together salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder. With light fingers, mix everything well. When the mixture cook, store in an airtight container.
Calories: 374 kcal
Carbohydrates: 57 g
Protein: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 25 mg
Potassium: 925 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 4 g
Vitamin A: 1381 IU
Vitamin C: 105 mg
Calcium: 69 mg
Iron: 3 mg