Savoury Herb Scones
- 4 oz potatoes cooked and sieved
- 1 cup self raising self rising flour
- 3 oz lard or any fat
- Good pinch of salt
- Good pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp mixed parsley and chives chopped
- 1 medium egg beaten with sufficient milk to make a soft dough
- 2 oz cornflakes crushed
- Mix together the sieved potato and flour.
- Rub in the fat and add the salt, cayenne pepper and herbs.
- Mix to a soft dough with the egg and milk, but save a little to brush over the top of the scones.
- Roll out the dough to a 1 cm (1/2 in) thick oblong shape.
- Sprinkle the crushed cornflakes over the top.
- Roll the dough up like a large sausage, cut into even slices, flatten slightly with your hand, brush over with a little of the beaten egg and milk.
- Bake in a hot oven Gas mark 6, 400°F (200°C) for 15 minutes or until nicely risen and golden in colour.
Calories: 104 kcal
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Protein: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Sodium: 62 mg
Potassium: 119 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 725 IU
Vitamin C: 8 mg
Calcium: 33 mg
Iron: 2 mg